- Awards and Prizes of the HPDC group:
- Best paper award at the 16th IEEE International Conference on Ubiquitous Computing and Communications (IUCC 2017) for our paper “SenseLE: Exploiting Spatial Locality in Decentralized Sensing Environments”, authored by Nicolae Vladimir Bozdog, Marc X. Makkes, Alexandru Uta, Roshan Bharath Das, Aart Van Halteren and Henri Bal.
- Best paper award at the 5th International Workshop on Parallel and Distributed Computing for Large Scale Machine Learning and Big Data Analytics (ParLearning 2016, Chicago, 27 May 2016) for the paper Scalable Overlapping Community Detection by Ismail El-Helw, Rutger Hofman, Wenzhe Li, Sungjin Ahn, Max Welling and Henri Bal.
- Henri Bal received the Euro-Par 2014 Achievement Award on 28 August, during the 20th Euro-Par conference in Porto.
- Jacopo Urbani has won an NWO/VENI grant for his proposal “A Reasonable Web”, 2013
- We were on the team of Henk Dijkstra and Frank Seinstra that won an Enlighten Your Research Global award at SC’13
- Jacopo Urbani
Most Promising Young Researcher Award 2012 of the VU Network Institute , 26 June 2012
- Frank Seinstra
Sustainability prize in the Enlighten Your Research 3 competition, The Netherlands, Dec. 2011
- WebPIE team WebPIE: a Web-scale Parallel Inference Engine
- Third IEEE International Scalable Computing Challenge (SCALE2010), held in conjunction with the 8th IEEE International Symposium on Cluster Computing and the Grid (CCGrid 2010), First Prize Winner, Melbourne, Australia, May 17-20, 2010.
- Willem de Bruijn has been awarded the 2010 Roger Needham PhD award
- ESWC Best PhD Symposium Paper Award for Jacopo Urbani, 2010
- The Ibis Stargazers Team
First International Data Analysis Challenge for Finding Supernovae, held in conjunction with IEEE Cluster/Grid 2008, First Prize Winner in the BS (basic) category and in fault tolerant category, Tsukuba, Japan, Sep 29-Oct 1, 2008.
- F.J. Seinstra, N. Drost, R. Kemp, J. Maassen, R.V. van Nieuwpoort, K. Verstoep, and H.E. Bal
Scalable Wall-Socket Multimedia Grid Computing
First IEEE International Scalable Computing Challenge (SCALE2008), held in conjunction with the 8th IEEE International Symposium on Cluster Computing and the Grid (CCGrid 2008), First Prize Winner, Lyon, France, May 19-22, 2008. Copyright © 2008 IEEE.