News on HPDC group (OLD DON’T USE)
- Lin Wang has joined our grouped on 1 December 2018 as assistant professor
- Our DAS-6 proposal has been accepted by N.W.O. We are organizing a DAS-6 vendor day on December 3, 2018, at VU University, Amsterdam
- We have won the best paper award at the 16th IEEE International Conference on Ubiquitous Computing and Communications (IUCC 2017) for our paper “SenseLE: Exploiting Spatial Locality in Decentralized Sensing Environments”, authored by Nicolae Vladimir Bozdog, Marc X. Makkes, Alexandru Uta, Roshan Bharath Das, Aart Van Halteren and Henri Bal.
- We are participating in a large new national STW-Perspective program called Efficient Deep Learning (EDL)
- Henri Bal become a member of the Editorial Board (Associate Editor) of IEEE’s Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems (TPDS)
- We have won the best paper award at the 5th International Workshop on Parallel and Distributed Computing for Large Scale Machine Learning and Big Data Analytics (ParLearning 2016, Chicago, 27 May 2016) for the paper Scalable Overlapping Community Detection by Ismail El-Helw, Rutger Hofman, Wenzhe Li, Sungjin Ahn, Max Welling and Henri Bal.
- Our paper about DAS called “The Distributed ASCI Supercomputer: a Long-term Computer Science Research Infrastructure” has been published in IEEE Computer (May 2016). The paper was authored by the DAS steering committee.