Prof. dr. ir. Henri E. Bal, MAE
Vrije Universiteit, Faculty of Sciences
Dept. of Computer Science, Computer Systems section
High Performance Distributed Computing group
Mailing address: Faculty of Sciences, Dept. of Computer Science, Vrije Universiteit, De Boelelaan 1081A, 1081 HV Amsterdam The Netherlands
I’m a full professor of Computer Science at the Vrije Universiteit, where I lead the High Performance Distributed Computing group. I also am the head of the Computer Systems section of the Department of Computer Science and chair of the Science Committee of the department. I am Scientific Director of the ASCI research school, member of the Academia Europeana and winner of the Euro-Par 2014 Achievement Award. I have been Program Chair of CCGrid and HPDC and PC member of numerous conferences, see my conferences page.
- Introduction Computer Science (2018), see Canvas
- Programming Large-scale Parallel Systems (2018), see Canvas
- Practicum Parallel Programming (2018): see Canvas; you can do it either in Period 2 OR 3 (but not both). A kickoff meeting will be organized at the beginning of each period.
- Research proposal preparation (PDCS only): the first meeting for the 2018 class will be on Friday 9 November 13.00, the second one on 14 December (2 sessions) . This year, all meetings will be done by Andy Tanenbaum. More information is available here.
JOURNALS (EDITORIAL BOARD)
- Associate Editor of IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems
- Software: Practice and Experience (Wiley)
- PeerJ Computer Science
- Journal of Grid Computing (Kluwer)
- Future Generation Computer Systems (Elsevier)
My CV is here
Pictures from my inauguration are here